NEW YORK, May 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that a federal securities class action lawsuit has been filed in United States District Court for the Central District of California on behalf of investors who purchased the securities of Golden Star Resources Ltd. ("Golden Star" or "the Company") (NYSE American: GSS) during the Class Period of February 20, 2019 through July 30, 2019, inclusive.
All investors who purchased shares of Golden Star Resources Ltd. and incurred losses are urged to contact the firm immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774. You may obtain additional information concerning the action or join the case on our website, www.whafh.com.
If you have incurred losses in the shares of Golden Star Resources Ltd., you may, no later than June 1, 2020, request that the Court appoint you lead plaintiff of the proposed class.
According to the filed complaint, throughout the Class Period, the Golden Star Resources defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
- the Company had insufficient geological and geotechnical data in its Prestea mine;
- the Company had experienced deficiencies in its operating practices and mining methods including inaccurate long hole drilling and blasting in its Prestea mine;
- Golden Star Resources did not have the mining flexibility and more measured resources
to ensure higher reserve grade;
- the Company had experienced increased tonnage at much lower grade where it had to supplement some of the production with oxide material;
- the Company had excessive dilution which drove lower mining rates at the Prestea mine; and
- as a result, the Golden Star Resources defendants' public statements were materially false and/or misleading at all relevant times.
Wolf Haldenstein has extensive experience in the prosecution of securities class actions and derivative litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country. The firm has attorneys in various practice areas with offices in New York, Chicago and San Diego. The reputation and expertise of this firm in shareholder and other class litigation has been repeatedly recognized by the courts, which have appointed it to major positions in complex securities multi-district and consolidated litigation.
If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions regarding your rights and interests in this case, please immediately contact Wolf Haldenstein by telephone at (800) 575-0735, via e-mail at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.whafh.com.
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP
Kevin Cooper, Esq.
Gregory Stone, Director of Case and Financial Analysis
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774
This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/golden-star-resources-ltd-class-action-alert-wolf-haldenstein-adler-freeman--herz-llp-announces-that-a-securities-class-action-lawsuit-has-been-filed-in-the-united-states-district-court-for-the-central-district-of-california-ag-301063850.html
SOURCE Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP