SOURCE: Cone CommunicationsDESCRIPTION:
Currently, Cone Communications seeks a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) professional with 15+ years of experience to join our Sustainable Business Practice team as Senior Vice President to lead an accomplished group of the best subject matter experts in the communications industry.
Widely recognized as a leader in CSR communications, our SBP discipline define sustainability strategies and commitments, including communication strategy involving materiality assessments, issue prioritization, goal setting, policy development, and reporting for blue chip clients including multi-national corporations.
The Senior Vice President must be capable of leading a team of sophisticated, passionate CSR professionals in their work and in their approaches with clients. Additionally, the SVP must have a track record of insight-driven and forward looking client deliverables that will continue the agency reputation as leaders in our field.
In additional to hands-on client work, the ideal candidate CSR would come with a reputation in the marketplace as a thought leader in the industry a proven ability to help identify and chart communications trends in the CSR industry. The SVP of SBP would be expected to participate in marketing both the discipline and CSR expertise though participation in industry events and speaking engagements. This candidate would also be responsible for revenue growth objectives of the SBP discipline.
We believe that CSR is about having vision, establishing goals, living up to commitments, and transparently communicating. At Cone Communications, we assess a company’s business conduct and its commitments and turn these into brand opportunities.
Our ideal Senior Vice President candidate must possess an impressive track record of leading by example, a defined communications skill set, technical and analytical abilities, and a broad subject matter expertise in the CSR space along with global vision, passion, ability to earn business opportunities from dynamic clients, and a public relations, marketing, full-service, or similar agency background.
We seek a CSR leader with a magic touch for creating inspiring communications strategies and someone who wants to lead and grow a vibrant team. Candidates must also possess the following:
- Leadership in vital areas including staff oversight and development, marketplace, and work product
- Confident command of the CSR space and a persuasive, passionate style
- Deep experience with Materiality, Reporting, and CSR Platform development
- Superior client management and client relations skills
- Highly strategic, creative, and innovative mindset
- Focused and successful experience with generating business opportunities
- Mastery of account management and financial management
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including public speaking
- Persuasive and commanding presentation style
- Analytical thinking and strategic planning and direction
- Mature judgment in sensitive agency matters
- Ability to travel
- Lead staff to marketplace victory while instilling a collaborative, team-focused environment within the SBP team
- Deliver a tangible vision for the team today and for the future; set the course for the work and for individual players within the team
- Create smart, marketable programs and products; believe in constantly innovating to thrive in an evolving space
- Own the success of all CSR accounts that specifically focus on strategic communications; produce world class CSR strategies and programs
- Drive the continued growth and awareness of Cone’s SBP discipline; winning both organic and new business opportunities
- Provide ongoing and frequent dialogue with the entire team surrounding all important issues related to the discipline
U.K. research firm Verdantix recognized Cone Communications among the top two Sustainability Communications Agencies in the U.S. And, for the second year in a row, CR Magazine named Cone to its top 10 list.
Cone Communications offers an inspiring corporate culture, competitive compensation and benefits program including 3.5 weeks of time off, Friday hours, annual bonus program, new business bonus program, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive programs.
Click here to apply.
KEYWORDS: Business & Trade, csr, jobs, Boston, SVP, HR, Senior Vice President, Sustainable Business Pratice, career, cone communication